Kids can change the world. All they need is a little inspiration!
- Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.
- In Chinese culture, it wouldn’t occur to kids to question or talk back to their parents. In American culture, kids in books, TV shows and movies constantly score points with their snappy back talk. Typically, it’s the parents who need to be taught a life lesson – by their children.
Women’s can change the world. All they need is a little inspiration!
- “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” ~ J. K. Rowling
- I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.
- The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.
- It does take courage to make a stand and go up against your enemies, but what happens when it’s your friends that you have to stand up to? This is when it becomes very hard indeed to go against the grain and stand up for what you believe is right. So many times young women are lured into what their group of friends is saying or doing, even when they know it’s not right. It may end up that you’re not friends with those people anymore, but you’ll make new friends that share your values.
- Let us not underestimate how hard it is to be compassionate. Compassion is hard because it requires the inner disposition to go with others to place where they are weak, vulnerable, lonely, and broken. But this is not our spontaneous response to suffering. What we desire most is to do away with suffering by fleeing from it or finding a quick cure for it.”
Henri J.M. Nouwen
- The plain fact is that the planet does not need more successful people. But it does desperately need more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of every kind. It needs people who live well in their places. It needs people of moral courage willing to join the fight to make the world habitable and humane. And these qualities have little to do with success as we have defined it.
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
- Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.
Iain S. Thomas
To be continue…….